A brilliant free information book explaining the coronavirus to children, illustrated by Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler has been released.
The book answers key questions in simple language appropriate for 5 to 9 year olds (although we feel it is helpful for other ages too):
• What is the coronavirus?
• How do you catch the coronavirus?
• What happens if you catch the coronavirus?
• Why are people worried about catching the coronavirus?
• Is there a cure for the coronavirus?
• Why are some places we normally go to closed?
• What can I do to help?
• What’s going to happen next?
Lisa Wright, Child Bereavement Support Worker at Nelson’s Journey has read the book and said “I thought it was honest, informative and reassuring – for children and adults alike”.
At Nelson’s Journey, we are aware that some children and young people that we are currently working with are experiencing increased levels of anxiety around other people in their lives dying. We feel this book will be helpful in providing children with a greater level of understanding.
To access the free book, simply click this link https://tinyurl.com/s5knorv